Why Practice Yoga
Yoga brings complete health to every part of your body. The asanas (postures) we practice help to strengthen your joints and stretch your muscles as well as improving the function of all internal organs. The impact on our mental health can be truly amazing. Feeling more relaxed and being in touch with our whole mind and body can bring about a true feeling of peace. By practicing yoga, we can take a step away from our busy lives, be healthy, be strong and be in the moment.
My classes are suitable for beginners as well as those who have done yoga many times before. Many people think that they have to be flexible to practice yoga but much of the benefit of yoga is the practice itself and becoming more flexible over time. Yoga helps to relieve tightness in muscles as well as helps those who are already flexible.
- Stress reduction – Yoga draws your focus inward to calm you and bring balance back in to your life.
- Increased Fitness – improves flexibility, strength, range of motion, and better posture.
- Management of chronic conditions – Yoga has been proven to help with a variety of health conditions such as, anxiety, back pain, asthma, high blood pressure, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and insomnia.
- Weight loss
- Strengthens core muscles
- Improves concentration, balance and mental clarity
- Increases energy
- Improves overall well-being and mood.