“Monica has provided a much needed opportunity to exercise at home during this difficult time. My mental health and well-being has been supported too which has been essential during COVID-19 lockdown. It’s an easy online booking and payment system. Monica’s clear instructions and guidance makes the classes enjoyable and she is, as always, very encouraging. I’d recommend her online yoga class whilst face to face contact classes are still out of reach.” Cheryl
My adult classes link movement with breath and are set at a general level with options to advance or take it easier. Each week there is a different theme and we may target different areas of the body such as lower back, shoulders, core or hips. Sometimes we will flow through our sequences and other times we will linger longer in a Yin Yoga style class to restore and relax. Every class gives you time in relaxation at the end and some may include a longer guided meditation first.
The “Book Now” button below will take you straight to my online booking calendar to reserve your space whether that is online or at a venue. If it is your first time using the booking system, then register with your email address and password. If you are booking for a venue you will also need to add your phone number. You can reserve your place up to five hours before class or save money by buying a block of classes to hold on your account to book any time. Once you have reserved your place, you will get an email confirmation (check your spam folder as it sometimes hides there!). Contact me through email@example.com if you have any questions.
Update 2 August 2022:
Yoga Classes: Now that the holidays are coming to an end my hall classes are filling up which is fantastic but it does mean you will need to book quickly if you want to get a place. I do have a waiting list system in place though so if it is full add your name to the waiting list and I will be in touch if a space becomes available. For my online classes, I will be focussing on Monday and Thursday at 8pm as the numbers for these have dropped since people have started my hall classes again.
The schedule for week beginning Monday 15 August 2022 is below.
- Monday 15 August at 6pm – Hall Based Adult Yoga Class – 1 place available
- Monday 15 August at 8pm – Online Adult Yoga Class
- Wednesday 17 August at 8pm – Hall Based Adult Yoga Class
- Thursday 18 August at 8pm – Online Adult Yoga Class
Venues for hall based classes
If you are unsure where the venue is, click on the address and it will take you to its location on Google Maps.
|Monday||18:00 – 19:00||All levels||Juniper Green Parish Church|
|Tuesday||20:00 – 21:00||Beginners||Gibson Craig Hall in Currie|
|Wednesday||20:00 – 21:00||All Levels||Forthview Crescent Scout Hall, Currie|
How to get ready for your Karma Tree Yoga Online Classes:
- I will send you an email during the day you are booked on which will include a link to take you straight to class.
- Let me know if you are going to be late or can’t make class so that we don’t wait for you.
- Check the settings for your camera, audio and internet and set everything ready.
- Find a quiet place in your home for class and have ready your mat, cushions for support and blanket for relaxation.
- Settle onto your mat and take a few moments to bring yourself to your breath while you wait for me to join or chat away to others who have arrived.
- Get as comfortable as you can when I take you to relaxation and make sure you won’t be disturbed. I will gently wake you at the end but feel free to quickly leave if you want to go back to sleep! The beauty of doing this online – not having to get up to go home afterwards!!
One of the disadvantages of online yoga is I’m not able to adjust your positions. I’ll give easy to understand instructions and options to advance or take it easier. I’ll also ask that you pay special attention to those knees (focus on outside edge of feet) and wrists (Down Dog and Cobra: press your spread fingers to mat and visualise palms lifting).
Please don’t practice if you feel unwell or are recovering from an illness, injury or operation. You are participating at your own risk and by booking onto the class are accepting full responsibility for your own health and wellbeing.
I’m looking forward to seeing you online soon. In the meantime, keep safe and well
“Karma Tree Yoga has become an essential in my life over the last few months. Each class is a wonderful balance of challenge and relaxation with a genuine rooting in yoga teachings. What I’ve learned about chakras and breathing techniques have been integrated into my daily life when I feel the tension begin to rise. Monica herself is a bastion of calm and a joy to meet every week. I urge everyone to experience these yoga classes. Integrate them into your life and you will feel better.” Jenni
“Thank you so much for keeping your yoga classes going online. It has made a big difference to my health and wellbeing over the last year while we have been dealing with the Covid pandemic. I know lots of other people will feel the same way.“ Laura