My classes are suitable for beginners as well as those who have done yoga many times before. Many people think that they have to be flexible to practice yoga but much of the benefit of yoga is the practice itself and becoming more flexible over time. Yoga helps to relieve tightness in muscles as well as helps those who are already flexible.
Why Practice Yoga?
- Stress reduction – Yoga draws your focus inward to calm you and bring balance back in to your life.
- Increased Fitness – improves flexibility, strength, range of motion, and better posture.
- Management of chronic conditions – Yoga has been proven to help with a variety of health conditions such as, anxiety, back pain, asthma, high blood pressure, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and insomnia.
- Weight loss
- Strengthens core muscles
- Improves concentration, balance and mental clarity
- Increases energy
- Improves overall well-being and mood.
|Monday||18:00 – 19:00||Beginners||St Margaret’s Hall (Hanover Housing), Lanark Road, Juniper Green|
|Monday||20:40 – 21:40||All Levels||Balerno Scout Hall|
|Tuesday||20:00 – 21:00||All Levels||Gibson Craig Hall, Lanark Road, Currie|
|Wednesday||19:45 – 20:45||All Levels||Forthview Crescent Scout Hall, Currie|
If you are unsure where the venue is, click on the name in the table above to be directed to a map.
No classes on the following dates:
- Tuesday 28 January 8pm Gibson Craig Hall
- Tuesday 4 February 8pm Gibson Craig Hall
- Tuesday 11 February 8pm Gibson Craig Hall
It is with sadness that I have to delay starting my yoga classes at Gibson Craig Hall this year. I have recently had an operation and have been advised to reduce what I do until mid February. If you normally come to that class you are welcome to try the others.
- Group Classes: drop in price is £7 for each class or you can buy a 5 class pass for £30
- Individual Sessions: £30 for one hour (including your personal lesson plan)
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve never done yoga before. Are the classes suitable for beginners?
My focus is about bringing yoga to everyone whatever your shape, size or level of fitness. If you can breathe you can do yoga! On your first night I’ll get you to fill in a form so I know a little about you and can suggest options if needed.
Do I need to book ahead?
My classes are drop in as I like to give the flexibility to come to whichever class suits to fit around your life. Some of my classes are very busy though so let me know which one you intend to come along to for your first time. After that remember places are available on a first come first served so make sure you get there in time!
What do I need to bring?
I have some mats but I cannot guarantee there will be one for you if it is a busy class so try to bring your own. As a teacher I get a very good discount from an online retailer so can order a mat, eye pillow or other items for you. Take a look at my “Just for You” section.
Wear something light and comfortable such as leggings and a t-shirt though you might want to bring some socks and warm top or blanket for relaxation. Otherwise just leave your shoes at the door along with your cares, worries and other baggage!